Jun 15, 2017
With the first day of Summer fast approaching along with the end of the school year we thought now would be a great time to highlight some of the amazing things to see and do in the Shuswap that will keep you busy all Summer long. Summer is arguably the best season in the Shuswap and there is no shortage of things to do for the whole family, we’ve compiled a list of our favourites below.
- Go golfing. There are tons of great golf courses in the area, why not golf them all! Check here for a list of courses.
- Spend as much time on or near the lake as possible. There are plenty of options for enjoying the water including boating, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding etc.
- Go on a hike. There are so many options in the area, making it easy to find something for everyone. Shuswap Trails should help you get started.
- Visit R.J. Haney Heritage Village & Museum. There are lots of events and activities throughout the Summer at the museum including dinner theatre every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday which is always a must see!
- Watch a matinee at Salmar Theatre on a rainy day. It’s not always sunny in the Shuswap.
- Check out some of the many local farm markets in the area. Check out the Agri-Tourism section here fore some options.
- Go to the waterslides when you need a change from the beach.
- Attend the Roots and Blues Festival. Now in it’s 25th year this festival has a vast array of music with something to please everyone.
- Take in a Wednesday on the Wharf show
- Visit the Salmon Arm Fall Fair. While technically a “Fall” event, the Fall Fair always marks the end of another fantastic year in the Shuswap.
- Venture to Sky Trek Adventure Park & The Enchanted Forest. There is something for all ages with these two parks side by side.
- Go river rafting on Adams River
- Visit one of our local wineries. There are plenty of options nearby that are all worth a visit. Check here for a list.
- Go watch a movie at the Starlight Drive-In in Enderby
- Grab an ice cream cone at The Shack and take a walk down the wharf
- Pitch a tent. No Summer is complete without some time spent camping. Here’s a list of come of the campgrounds in the area.
- Go on a Segway tour (how many people can say they’ve been on a Segway??)