Making An Offer
Found your perfect home in Salmon Arm or the Shuswap? When making an offer there's a bit of paperwork involved so be prepared as it may be a bit overwhelming initially. You will be asked to provide some information as well and proof of identity due to the recently implemented FINTRAC program the federal government has put in place.
You will need to provide:
- Your legal name(s)
- Current address and phone number
- Proof of identity in the form of government issued ID such as a drivers licence, passport or residency card.
What information goes into the offer:
- The legal and civic description of the property
- The price you're offering to pay the Seller for the property
- Any items you want included in the purchase
- The amount of the deposit and when it is payable
- The completion, possession and adjustment dates (when the money changes hands and when you get to move in)
- Any conditions (called subjects) that must be satisfied before the offer becomes a binding contract.
- A date/time that this offer expires