More Staging Tips
OK, so you've decluttered, cleaned, de-personalized and repaired. Now what? REALTORS® were helping Sellers "stage" long before home staging was recognized as a business of its own and for good reason. Remember, buying a home is an emotional thing so you want Buyers to find your home attractive and welcoming. Of course, the Salmon Arm and Shuswap area is appealing for real estate buyers in itself, but you can help your home look saleable as well.
- Clear off kitchen counters of as many small appliances etc as possible.
- Remove any/all fridge magnets and the lists/notices/art they're holding.
- Remove unnecessary scatter mats/rugs.
- Make all day-to-day items disappear including your night time reading material from your bedside table and your toothbrush from beside the sink. Find a place to store things out of sight.
- Be sure your home smells "fresh". Air the house out daily to eliminate smoke or pet odors. Avoid perfumes and artificial room fragrancers if possible. If you have problem areas look into air sponges as a way of removing the odor (much more effective and less of a turn off than perfuming the area in an attempt to cover up the smell of the litter box.)
- Clean functioning parts of the house too like the furnace and electrical panel.
- Don't underestimate the value of a fresh coat of paint in key areas of your home especially if you have a specific area with a really dated colour or wallpaper.
- Bright and sunny sells. Invest in good window cleaning services and clean lamp shades and replace energy saving 60 watt bulbs for the time being for maximum illumination.
- Leave lights on when a showing is scheduled. Yes, Buyers and REALTORS® are able to flick a switch but you want how bright it is to be the first impression, not the fact that they need to turn the lights on.
View Salmon Arm Real Estate Listings