The Listing Contract
The listing contract authorizes your Shuswap REALTOR® and their brokerage to market and sell your home. This agreement serves 3 purposes:
- It defines your relationship including the limits of your REALTOR's® authority.
- It provides detailed information about the home/property.
- It forms the basis for drafting offers on your home.
Information included in the listing contract will specify:
- Full names of the Sellers (those listed on title)
- Current address for the Sellers
- Name, address and phone number for the brokerage the REALTOR® works with
- The start and end dates of the listing contract
- The civic and legal addresses for the property offered for sale
- The listing price
- The commission payable should the property be sold. It will also state the commission that is offered to the REALTOR® who represents the Buyer.
- The last page of the listing contract is called a Schedule A. This is where the services provided by the Listing REALTOR® will be specified.
Remember, this is a contract. You cannot simply back out of this contract later without the consent of the REALTOR® and/or broker. Be sure that all the information has been completed and ask questions before you sign if there are things you do not understand.
To List Your Shuswap or Salmon Arm home with the Stacer Team, contact us today.